With the Razor Ground Force Drifter go kart increasing in popularity, kids in the suburbs are finally ditching their games consoles and spending more time interacting with their friends and families while having loads of fun outside.
Just what is the Razor Ground Force Drifter go kart?
The Razor Drifter is a go kart that is electrically powered. Unlike a gas powered kart that produces a lot of nasty fumes and noise, the Ground Force Drifter is fairly quiet and does not emit any toxic fumes.
This makes it perfect if you live in a cul-de-sac as you will not receive any complaints from your neighbors.
The fact that this go kart is mainly targeted to kids between the ages of 5-10, not having a gas tank is seen as a big plus by many parents. Furthermore, no gas means no engine maintenance. This again gets another big tick of approval.
Best of all, this kart will only set you back around $250.00 while you can expect to pay $400.00 and above for a bottom of the range gas go kart.
The Razor Ground Force Drifter go kart is powered by two 12 volt batteries that produce enough power to last for around one hour of riding time and can reach speeds of up to 12 miles per hour.
This might be considered to be rather slow for some but from my extensive research, most parents have reported that this is in fact fast enough for their kids to still get a thrilling ride but slow enough for them not to have a heart attack when little Johnny opens the throttle.
The chassis is sporty for a firm but enjoyable ride. Full rubber tires at the front and hard plastic slicks on the back. There are no pedals for breaking or accelerating as everything is at the finger tips and the maximum recommended weight of the rider should be around 140 lbs for the Razor to perform at its peak.
The bucket seat is firm but comfortable and safety features come in the form of a rigid steel frame, shoulder straps and a safety flag. I would also like to point out that many parents have decided to purchase extra safety gear like helmets etc for that added protection and peace of mind.
The major difference when compared to a normal go Kart is that this go kart can actually drift.
Drifting is basically when a vehicle is actually running sideways in corners. It also helps with cornering speeds and ultimately increases the fun factor.
Why is this go kart so popular with kids?
As I explained before, this kart has the ability to drift and that is where it is a winner with 99% of the kids that own one. It allows them to slide through corners at a good speed, do 180 and 360 degree turns and perform fish tails just as if they were pros.
Drifting is not the sole entertainment factor as this Kart can also be used just as a normal kart just for kids to race one another.
This little pocket rocket is perfect if you have a active 5, 7 or 10 year old and my guess is that you will find it hard to get them to come inside once this little baby is up and running.
Why do parents like the Razor Ground Force Drifter Go Kart?
- The big bonus for parents is that the kids are off the lounge room couch and out having fun with their friends again. Kids are more active and having fun in a clean manner. Fun is not shooting up bad guys on the TV screen anymore. Parents are again able to experience what is to live in a neighborhood where all the kids came out to play on the street.
- The Drifter Kart is a lot cheaper than a normal gas go kart
- This Kart is not too speedy to be dangerous but fast enough to give the kids a little adrenaline rush.
- The kart is sturdy enough to take a lot of punishment form little boys or little girls for that matter.
- You do not need a college degree to put it together.
- All the tools needed are provided so no need to go looking in your garage for that elusive wrench or spanner.
- Your child will find it easy to operate as all the control are right at their finger tips.
- It is nearly impossible to be tipped over as the center of gravity is so low.
- Both boys and girls are perfectly suited to operate the Razor Drifter
- The kart weighs approximately 55 lbs and can easily be stored away by means of a hook against the garage wall.
- Recharging the batteries is a breeze so that your kids will not have to bother you when to power has run out.
- The warranty is for a full 90 days and any problems are usually dealt with fairly promptly.
What you need to look out for.
If you are looking to operate this Kart on grass for safety reasons or just because you don’t have access to smooth concrete or road surfaces, my advice is not to buy it.
The Razor Ground Force drifter go kart was designed to primarily drift and this is not possible on grass.
One small negative that I need to pint out however is that the tires can become worn quicker with more persistent drifting. This is however reduced with the help of hard plastic rear wheels and as one lady reported, the tires wear out to a certain level then this process actually slows down.
The Razor Drifter was designed to be operated in a safe controlled environment and should not be taken in direct traffic or where there may be hazardous obstacles.
Although more suited to kids between the ages of 5-10, quite a few 14 and 13 year olds have also reported that this little cart is as good as it gets. Having said this, it is fair to say that most teenagers will find it too slow to really get the maximum benefit out of it.
Where to shop for one
There are many stores that offer this go kart for sale but online is where the best deals are found. The trick however is to know where to buy it online.
Through my extensive research, I have found that a great price does not necessarily mean a great deal. Add in the other costs like shipping and handling charges and you could be paying a lot more than what you actually wanted to.
That’s why I recommend Amazon.com. They have very competitive prices a wide range of go kart models to choose from and they deliver right to your doorstep. Furthermore, they are one of the biggest online retailers today and have a great online reputation.